Transferring your pension into a ROPS
A number of changes were made to the UK pension legislation in 2015. These changes had a significant impact on the ability to transfer of your UK pension benefits to Australia more so for individuals under the age of 55. It is important to have the correct advice from a specialist in this area before you proceed.
Which UK pension funds can I transfer to Australia?
- Private Sector Final Salary schemes
- Company Pension Schemes
- Personal Pensions
- The Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi Drawn Down Pensions
- Universities Superannuation Scheme
Which UK pension funds can I NOT transfer to Australia?
- The British State Pension
- Schemes that are already paying you a regular pension income known as a annuity
- The following government backed occupational schemes:
- Civil Service
- Armed Forces
- Benefits in a Scheme that have been entered into the Pension Protection Fund